From 1 April 2023 – eligibility expanded for additional boosters
WE WILL NOT BE ADMINISTERING THE NEW COVID VACCINE. REMEDY PHARMACY (NEXT DOOR) WILL BE DOING THESE.
For Covid vaccinations with Remedy Pharmacy, please phone: (03) 925 9963. They also allow walk ins (no appointment required).
From 1 April 2023, an additional booster dose (which is a bivalent vaccine protecting against the Covid BA.4/5 strain) will be made available to:
- anyone aged 30 and over who has completed their primary course (2 doses) as long as it has been at least 6 months since their last COVID-19 booster or positive COVID-19 test.
- anyone at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 who has completed their primary course (2 doses), as long as it’s been at least 6 months since their last COVID-19 booster or positive COVID-19 test.
Those in the high-risk groups include:
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific people aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people
- people aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness
- people aged 16 years and over who live with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities.
Anyone aged 16 to 29 who are not at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, are not eligible for an additional dose. The two-dose primary course and first booster dose provides very good protection from the risk of serious illness, hospitalisation or death from COVID-19.
From 1 April 2023, the additional booster dose can only be given to eligible people whose most recent COVID-19 vaccine or positive COVID-19 test was at least 6 months ago. It does not matter how many previous doses that person has had.